Mother's Day Bag

on Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love Green :)



I enjoy how this pattern turns out. It's just great cable knitting. I made this same bag for my sister for Christmas last year and my Mom really liked hers so I decided to make one for her for Mother's Day. Because I have already knit this bag before I had all the pattern changes which I made in a Word document. If you take a look at the original pattern you see why I had to rewrite it. It's a great pattern once you make since of it. Plus it's free!



This is also my first time sewing in a lining for a bag. I feel like it came out okay as I'm not really a sewer (I've made a couple pillows in the past). I brought the handles and fabric at Hancock's Fabric on sale they where pretty inexpensive and prefect fit for the yarn color. I have a bit of fabric left I'll need to find something to do with it. Plus I think the bag needs the ribbon the pattern calls for, I didn't use it on the other bag but I think this bag needs some black ribbon. My Mother agrees, back to the fabric store :)



Pattern Info
Pattern: Fashion Cable Knit Bag by Michael's
Yarn: Lion Brand Lion Wool in Lemongrass / 3 skeins
Needles: Size 9 US and 10 US





3 comments:

Seni said...

Beautiful bag! The linning is very pretty too. Love the colors combination.:-)

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Wonderful bag...I LOVE the green color!

Maiden Jane said...

Beautiful bag and lining!

Post a Comment